Advertisement

Spiral Light Candle
Sauk Centre, Minnesota: near the corner of Ash Street and South 9th.
(Please, be patient. The live streaming video starts after a (relatively) short canned commercial.)

Monday, November 30, 2009

Offline for a Few Hours

I can't blame this one on technical problems, quite.

This webcam went offline a couple hours ago, so that I could re-boot my computer. I'd done something excessively creative with software I use to make press-ready sheets for a local group's monthly bulletin: and spent more time than I'd have saved, making sure my system was stable.

Then, there was getting the sheet to the printer: and here I am, with the webcam once more online, and me giving an explanation.

I don't know where this comes from, but I ran into the phrase in a British television drama:

"More haste, less speed."

There's a lot of truth in that.

2 comments:

dick said...

Very interesting. I lived just around the corner (815 Birch)for about the first 10 years of my life. Then moved to 721 S. Fourth in 1940. Graduated from SCHS in 1947. Not many left there that I knew.

Dick

Brian H. Gill said...

dick,

Sorry about the delay, getting back to your comment.

Yeah: quite a lot has happened here in Sauk Centre, since you lived here.

I've lived here since 1986 - the last two decades at this location.

Thanks for sharing, and hope to take a look out the window here from time to time.

Thanks for sharing!

("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Minnesota Watchers

Advertisement

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store