Advertisement

Spiral Light Candle
Sauk Centre, Minnesota: near the corner of Ash Street and South 9th.
(Please, be patient. The live streaming video starts after a (relatively) short canned commercial.)

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hummingbirds: Conflict at the Feeder

When I came back to the keyboard a few minutes ago, about 3:30, I noticed a hummingbird at the feeder. I've been spotting them more often. As I watched, another streaked in and (apparently) chased the first one off.

That's an assumption, actually. They generally move too fast for me to notice in detail what they're doing. My guess, though, is that one bird regarded the other as an interloper.

Or, maybe something else was going on.

Ah. Another on is back: a bigger one.

No comments:

("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Minnesota Watchers

Advertisement

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store