Advertisement

Spiral Light Candle
Sauk Centre, Minnesota: near the corner of Ash Street and South 9th.
(Please, be patient. The live streaming video starts after a (relatively) short canned commercial.)

Friday, August 7, 2009

Ustream: Good News, Bad News

The Ustream service that I've been using for this webcam is brings with it good news, and bad news.

Good news: I've got control of when the webcam broadcasts. It won't start showing its two pictures a second until I got through a multi-step process.

Bad news: I've got control of when the webcam broadcasts. It won't start showing its two pictures a second until I got through a multi-step process.

Like today: I'd left the computer - and the webcam - on overnight, to let my antivirus software get a scan done. As usual, this morning I found no outstanding issues with malware: and a computer that was getting low on available resources.

No problem. I took the webcam offline, restarted the computer, and started catching up on the day's tasks. I'd overslept, you see.

I also forgot to get the webcam started again. I noticed, several hours later.

Embarrassing. And, for anybody wanting to see the corner of 9th and South Ash in Sauk Centre: frustrating.

Sorry about that.

No comments:

("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Minnesota Watchers

Advertisement

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store